Home Decor Idea 1
Home Decor Idea 1: How to Mix and Match to Create a Unique Home Decor?
The secret to a unique home decor is all in the mix:
- If you layer a space with color, texture and an array of styles, your decor choices will have a much longer life. Try a 1960s Italian chrome lamp on a country French table. Accessories can spark up a space and keep it from getting locked into one time period or a thematic look.
- Play one period against another to bring out both similiarities and contrasts. An antique red lacquer Japanese armoire will suddenly look modern when flanked by two molded-plywood Eames chairs. All three pieces hae pared-down shapes, and then there's that lovely contrast of curves against straight lines.
- Put something primitive next to something very refined. When an African stool is placed next to an 18th-century Italian chair, the rought wood sets off the shimmer of gilt and accentuates the best of both.
- An unexpected choice of paint or fabric can help you see a common piece of furniture in a whole new way. I might take wicker and stain it a dark mahogany shade, then upholdster it in soft chenille or luxrious suede for a much richer look.
- Watch out for elements that say the same thing but from a different point of view. For example, an intricately inlaid Chinese table works next to an Edwardian tufted chair because both are complex and heavily detailed. Together, they give a more global view of the room.
Return to the top of home decor idea 1
Like to know more? Click on the following:
Living Room |
Dining Room | Bedroom |
Space Organization | Home Lighting |
Home Decor Fabric |
Unique Home Decor Ideas